The SEC, and Alabama, once again dominated the NFL Draft.
The conference placed 12 players in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, and Alabama led all schools with six picks on Thursday.
That was part of another dominant first round for the conference for the conference. The Big Ten was second in a row with seven selections, and the ACC was third with six selections.
The Crimson Tide tied the record for most first-round picks, which was set by Miami in 2004. Alabama had three picks in the top 10 picks, including Miami’s Jaylen Waddle (No. 6), Denver’s Patrick Surtain Jr. (No. . 9) and DeVonta Smith of Philadelphia (No. 10).
That streak continued with Mac Jones of New England (No. 15) and Alex Leatherwood of Las Vegas (No. 17) and Najee Harris of Pittsburgh (No. 23).
Five schools had multiple players selected in the first round, including Clemson, Miami, Northwestern, Penn State and Virginia Tech.
MORE NFL DRAFT:
Results of Round 1 | Winners and losers | Ratings for each election
NFL draft picks for college 2021
First-round picks by school
|State of North Dakota||1|
|State of ohio||1|
First-round picks by conference
How many Alabama players were drafted?
- Jaylen Waddle, WR, Dolphins (No. 6 overall)
- Patrick Surtain II, CB, Broncos (No. 9 overall)
- DeVonta Smith, WR, Eagles (No. 10 overall)
- Mac Jones, QB, Patriots (No. 15 overall)
- Alex Leatherwood, OT, Raiders (No. 17 overall)
- Najee Harris, RB, Steelers (No. 24 overall)
How many Ohio State players were selected?
- Justin Fields, QB, Bears (No. 11 overall)
How many Clemson players were selected?
- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Jaguars (No. 1 overall)
- Travis Etienne, RB, Jaguars (No. 25 overall)