Anne Heche thinks her old red carpet looks are pretty “iconic,” but admitted that she wasn’t always allowed to dress exactly how she would have liked.
The actress recently joined TikTok and, in her latest post, decided to give her followers a look back at some of her “most iconic fashions,” giving each outfit a rating and a little behind-the-scenes story. While she has “not a single regret” for her choices and most of the looks were a “total hit” in her own estimation, Heche confessed that the navy blue velvet dress and long-sleeved duster she wore to the Globes 1998 Gold Medal. -Girlfriend Ellen Degeneres it was definitely a failure. “Why do I look like a hippie?” He asks. “It’s because Ellen didn’t want me to dress sexy. Ah, bye. No, ”he added, giving the outfit a zero out of ten and a big thumbs down.
But it wasn’t just his sense of style that DeGeneres allegedly put the brakes on. During an episode of Dancing with the stars In October, Heche revealed that dating the talk show host from 1997 to 2000 also negatively affected her career in major ways. “I was in a relationship with Ellen DeGeneres for three and a half years and the stigma attached to that relationship was so bad that I was fired from my multi-million dollar shooting contract and did not work on a studio movie for ten years. years, “he said, adding that meeting DeGeneres at the Vanity fair The Oscar party in 1997 was “the night that changed my life forever.” Heche explained that she wanted to take the comedian to the premiere of her movie. Volcano, but “When I told them that I would take Ellen as my date, they told me that if I took Ellen I would lose my contract with Fox. At that moment he took my hand and said: ‘Do what they tell you.’ I said, ‘No, thank you.’ When the couple attended anyway, she says they were “escorted by security before the movie ended, and they told me they wouldn’t allow me to go to the after party for fear of having a photo taken of me with a woman. It was incredible. “
More great stories from Vanity fair
– Britney Spears’ surprisingly melancholic doctor you’ve never heard of
– Letter from RO Kwon to Asian women whose hearts still break
– Angelina Jolie offers to testify against Brad Pitt in protracted divorce
– Top 14 Retinol Products to Reboot Skin
– British Constitution Expert Explains Why Royals Are Trapped
– Solve the case of London’s acrobatic rare book thieves
– As a Jurassic Park The roller coaster was attacked by real raptors
– From the Archive: The ominous signs on the Ted Ammon murder in East Hampton
– Serena Williams, Michael B. Jordan, Gal Gadot and more will hit your favorite screen April 13-15. Get your tickets for Vanity Fair Cocktail Hour, Live! here.