Floods, wildfires, skies full of smoke and ash – it’s been a summer full of alarming signs of climate change. This week journalist and novelist Nathaniel Rich Unions Joe Hagan in Inside the hive to discuss the impending catastrophe that we’ve known about for decades, but have consistently failed to slow down, much less stop. Should we take the fight for the climate to politicians and corporations, or is our system too broken to respond to rising temperatures on Earth? How much do individual choices, like eating vegan or driving electric cars, really help? The author of Losing Earth: A Recent History speaks of his personal response in painting a portrait of ignorance and bad faith among the powers that be. Rich also suggests new ways to change and deepen our relationship with our planet in crisis, including the power of fiction.
More great stories from Vanity fair
– How Yulia Navalnaya became the true first lady of Russia
– Rupert Murdoch buried Trump’s election night dreams in a shallow grave
– Ivanka Trump is next on the cutting board
– A massive labor shortage is leaving Hamptons to fend for themselves
– The Secret History of Gavin McInnes
– Trump and DeSantis are on a collision course
– Inside the eruption of unexplained deaths at Fort Hood
– The Kushner family is flirting with Nikki Haley
– From the Archive: Miami Beach, Waterworld
– Not a subscriber? Join Vanity fair to receive full access to VF.com and the full archive online now.