Next Britney Spearscourt appearance on Wednesday, where he was granted the right to hire his own lawyer, his mother Lynne spears and sister Jamie Lynn Spears They both posted cryptic messages of support on social media.
Lynne posted a photo of the Bible verse John 1: 5 on from Instagram that says: “The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not conquered it.” This line is often interpreted to mean that truth will prevail over deception because, despite the darkness’s best attempts to outshine it, God’s light pierces the darkness to illuminate what has been hidden and make it known to the world. Jamie Lynn also posted some vague messages of encouragement that appear to be directed at her sister on her Instagram Stories on Wednesday. She shared one that said, “Once you choose hope, anything is possible,” followed by another that said, “Dear Lord, can we end this shit once and for all? Amen.”
That set of inspiring quotes came right after Spears’s older sister’s court hearing this week in which she once again spoke out against her conservatorship and her father. Jamie spears, saying that he would like to “accuse him of abuse of guardianship,” according to The Guardian.
Following her testimony, Spears was granted the right to hire the attorney of her choice, a former federal prosecutor. Mathew Rosengart. Once appointed, Rosengart requested that Jamie Spears voluntarily resign his role as co-conservator, a request that his attorney Vivian Thoreen He said his client would be declining because “he loves his daughter and wants only the best for her.”
While Britney Spears has been unable to remove her father or completely end his guardianship, the pop star was clearly excited about the progress of things in court, sharing her own enthusiastic message on social media on Wednesday. “New with real representation today … I feel GRATITUDE and BLESSED !!!!” she wrote on Instagram, using the hashtag #FreeBritney for the first time.
More great stories from Vanity fair
– Cover article: Dua Lipa on creation Nostalgia for the future
– Inside Ghislaine Maxwell’s battle with the Bureau of Prisons
– Prince William and Prince Harry “turn a new page” in their relationship
– 11 books we think you should read this July
– Inside Los Angeles’ most iconic example of mid-century modern architecture
– Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are ready to spend the “rest of their lives together”
– Essential looks from the 2021 Cannes Film Festival
– A brief history of Princess Diana’s fiery family
– Best Musician Tested Waterproof Masks for Summer Riding
– From the Archive: To the heart of the heiress
– Enroll in The shopping line to receive a curated shopping list of fashion, books, and beauty products in a weekly newsletter.