TechSpot seeks to hire writers on staff who are motivated and enthusiastic about technology in general. If you are a TechSpot reader, you know that this requires deep knowledge of technical matters and the ability to write about them with precision and authority.
For two decades, TechSpot has remained a strong and influential voice in PC technology and historically we have recruited primarily within our ranks, with more than 9 million readers entering to keep up to date with the latest industry news developments.
We currently have freelance vacancies for the following two positions:
- Daily News Reporter: This position requires you to be active, discovering, writing and publishing news on a daily basis. Excellent writing and proofreading skills are a must. You will be assigned a time slot and will be able to identify stories and report on technology topics in a concise but inquisitive way. Creativity and the ability to choose interesting and timely topics are important.
- Weekend News Reporter: As with the daily writing position, we would like you to take the time to discover and report on the hottest tech stories on the weekends. Know a good story when you see it, be able to analyze what is important and report on those facts. Excellent writing and proofreading skills are a must.
Before applying, you should know:
- Relevant experience in tech journalism is important, but not essential.
- Geographic location is not a limitation, but native English skills are imperative.
- This is a work-from-home position (Batcave, Fortress of Solitude, etc.) … but hey, that’s what everyone is doing these days.
- The compensation is proportional to the length, quality and experience of the article.
- If you are a regular TechSpot reader, please mention this in your request.
- Topics we cover at TechSpot include, but are not limited to: computer hardware and software, mobile technology, Internet culture, and PC gaming.
If the positions don’t fit your needs, but know someone who can, You can help us by sharing this ad with your equally tech-minded friends.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested please Complete this form.
We will follow up with the most suitable candidates for the job. Thanks.