Saturday, July 24, 2021
All countries COVID-19 Cases
194,262,775
Total confirmed cases
Updated on July 24, 2021 7:20 PM

Dinner will resume on June 21, but with a limit of just two people

Must Read
- Advertisement -
Writer

The Ministry of Health (MOH) announced last Thursday (June 10) that Singapore is moving into Phase 3 (Heightened Alert).

While the government relaxed restrictions on group gatherings of two to five people, it said meals at F&B establishments will resume later, starting June 21.

The Health Ministry said today (June 18) that while the meals in the plans will continue as planned, they will be limited to groups of up to two people instead of five. These adjustments are due to the latest virus outbreaks and a new group in Bukit Merah.

“We allow people from the same household to have multiple tables, but they have to make it very clear that they are from the same household, that’s not new,” said Lawrence Wong, Co-Chair of Covid-19 Multi-Ministerial Task. force.

“We have allowed it before and we will continue to do so. But if you are not from the same household, you cannot go and make multiple reservations or have multiple tables, so the same rules as previously applied will continue to apply. “

This means that a group of six family members, for example, will not be able to sit together as a table of six, he stressed.

Meals can increase to groups of five in mid-July

Rapid COVID-19 testing for personnel in these higher risk environments will be intensified to give Singapore “greater security” to open up further, “barring unforeseen circumstances and developments in the pandemic,” said Working Group Co-Chair Gan Kim Yong.

Group sizes for these higher risk activities can also be allowed to be up to five people as of mid-July.

“This is a more cautious approach to minimize the risk of spikes in cases and the formation of large clusters. But we are aware that the food and beverage sector will continue to need help, and we will support them as we roll back some of the safe distancing measures next Monday, ”he added.

According to the Ministry of Health, the reproduction of recorded music will not be allowed in food and drink establishments to avoid the risk of transmission by customers who speak loudly.

There must also be a safe distance of at least one meter between groups of diners, and customers must keep their masks on at all times, except when eating or drinking.

Gyms and fitness studios can resume mask-free indoor sports or exercise activities in groups of up to two people and in classes of up to 30 people, including the instructor.

There must be a safe distance of at least two meters between individuals and three meters between groups.

Mask activities and non-mask outdoor sports or exercise activities can continue in groups of no more than five people and in classes of up to 30 people, including the instructor.

Additionally, wedding receptions will not be allowed until mid-July.

“We expect the number of COVID cases to increase … especially in the following weeks. This is something we are prepared for, but we must continue to be vigilant and adhere to safe management measures, ”Gan said.

Featured Image Credit: Jorge Silva via Reuters

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

SUGGESTED NEWS
- Advertisement -
Latest News
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -