Hearing is one of the five senses, and the ability to hear makes it easier for people to interact with the environment and with others. Phonak has designed hearing aids that can be used by adults, adolescents, children and babies.
Phonak has many distributors depending on the location and if you want become a Phonak provider, you must contact them.
Hearing loss is of different levels and several factors define its severity. Hearing aids made by Phonak can help regardless of the level of hearing loss which can be mild, moderate, severe or profound.
Below you will find more details about Phonak hearing aids, including the pros and cons to help you determine if they fit your hearing loss needs.
What is Phonak?
Phonak is a brand that specializes in hearing aids. It is a Swiss hearing care solution owned and operated by Sonova Holding GA. In addition to manufacturing Phonak hearing aids, Phonak also manufactures Hansaton and Unitron hearing aids. All hearing aids manufactured by this brand address different levels of hearing loss.
Since hearing loss is commonly associated with older people, most hearing aid companies are dedicated to producing hearing aid products for this age. Unlike these companies, Phonak makes hearing aids for all ages, from babies to adults.
In addition to manufacturing hearing aids, Phonak also manufactures adaptive microphones used in conjunction with hearing aids. The purpose of adaptive microphones is to improve sound quality in areas with background noise.
About Phonak hearing aids
Phonak hearing aids work with an app found on both Android and Apple devices; myPhonak app. With this application, you can create custom schedules for outdoor situations and crowded rooms. Additionally, you can use the app to remotely make real-time adjustments to your hearing aid’s sound settings.
For new users, Phonak offers a guide showing them how to use the app. Still, your dealer or hearing care professional will guide you through the purchase of hearing aids, who will help you choose the right hearing aid based on your level of hearing loss.
And what is more? Phonak hearing aids are available in seven different shades, which you can match your skin tone or hair color. But keep in mind that for an individualized yet bold look, hearing aids for teens and kids are designed in bright colors.
Phonak hearing aids also have Bluetooth connectivity compatible with all devices, including Android and Apple devices. Other features present in the hearing aids include real-time streaming and hands-free phone calls.
For better listening and sound comfort, all Phonak hearing aids have Roger in the microphones. Some models require an additional external device, while others have a built-in microphone function.
Advantages of Phonak hearing aids
- Hearing test– Before buying your Phonak hearing aids, the company offers a online hearing test that will guide you on your level of hearing loss. Remember, this is different from an audiology evaluation and is not intended to take the place of the audiologist. Yes, the online test is accurate, but you will need the advice of an audiologist on the root cause of your hearing loss.
- Options for children-The design style of Phonak hearing aids has taken into account the needs of babies, children and adolescents, such as the addition of bright colors to the rhombuses with their young age.
- App– Phonak has a tinnitus app aimed at reducing discomfort tinnitus Causes. You can create your sound library using the application.
Cons of Phonak hearing aids
- cost– the cost of Phonak hearing aids varies depending on where you buy your hearing aids and your provider. Phonak has not indicated anything about the prices and distinctive features of each of its hearing aids on its Phonak website. Therefore, you are forced to consult with a hearing care professional before purchasing your hearing aids to determine which is the best for you.
- Network– Phonak only works with a specific network of audiologists. This means that, in some cases, you will have to work with a new audiologist if you want to buy Phonak hearing aids.
- Waterproof– although some Phonak hearing aids are waterproof, many of them are not. When bathing or swimming, it is advisable to take them off first.
Introduction to Phonak
If you are buying hearing aids for the first time, it is recommended to start with the Phonak online hearing test. After the evaluation, you will decide if you are looking for a hearing professional or a provider who sells Phonak products.
Additionally, you can use the interactive map on the Phonak website to identify providers in your area. Phonak’s recommendations are that you should make an in-person appointment with one of their professionals when looking for Phonak hearing aids to purchase.
Phonak is a brand that manufactures hearing aids for all ages and all levels of hearing loss. To purchase any of your hearing aids, you should find the dealer closest to you, who will help you understand the trial period, warranty, and cost of Phonak hearing aids.