Infertility can be a challenging and emotional journey for many couples. While many are trying IVF and IUI with modern medical interventions, exploring holistic approaches like Ayurveda can provide valuable information and solutions to improve fertility. Many unsuccessful cases of IVF and IUI have found fruitful results after undergoing Infertility treatment in Ayurveda as it helps improve reproductive health and the quality of the egg and sperm to improve the fertility rate.
In this blog let us understand the causes of infertility and how to improve the fertility rate with ayurveda treatments and pregnancy medication.
Infertility can have a number of causes and it is essential to note that both men and women can experience fertility problems. Here are some common reasons for infertility:
- hormonal imbalances: Hormonal imbalances can alter the normal functioning of the reproductive system, affecting ovulation in women or sperm production in men. More and more patients are suffering from conditions like PCOS and thyroid disorders that can contribute to hormonal imbalances, along with insulin resistance and obesity, says Dr. Anitha, an Ayurvedic infertility specialist at Bangalore.
- uterine problems: to. In women, conditions such as blocked fallopian tubes, uterine fibroids, or endometriosis can prevent the fertilization process.
b. In men, conditions such as varicocele (enlarged veins in the scrotum) or blockages in the vas deferens can affect sperm transport.
- ovulation disorders: Irregular or absent ovulation can make it difficult for women to conceive. Factors that can contribute to ovulation disorders include PCOS, hormonal imbalances, obesity, stress, and certain medical conditions or medications. Low AMH can be another cause for concern.
- Low sperm count or poor sperm quality: In men, problems with sperm production, low sperm count, or poor sperm motility and morphology can affect fertility. Factors such as infections, hormonal imbalances, genetic disorders, excessive alcohol or drug use, smoking, and certain medications can contribute to male infertility.
- Chronic Medical Conditions: Certain chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, autoimmune disorders, kidney disease, and PCOS It can affect fertility in both men and women.
- unexplained infertility: In some cases, the cause of infertility remains unknown despite a thorough medical evaluation. It is estimated that around 10-15% of couples experience unexplained infertility.
Understanding Ayurvedic Treatment for Infertility:
According to Ayurveda, a healthy conception takes place in the presence of a healthy sperm and egg in a healthy uterus at the right time and with the right nutrition. Ayurveda considers fertility as the balance of doshas and good reproductive health.
Ayurveda Treatment for Infertility
At Shathayu, male and female infertility cases are treated with a holistic approach
- Cleansing with detox process via panchakarma for hormone balance
- Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in men is planned after a personalized detoxification in case of oligospermia, azoospermia, low sperm count and even healthy sperm quality.
- The first stage of Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in women is to cleanse the body and mind and focus on hormonal balance.
2. Nourish with a combination of herbs
Ayurvedic medicine for infertility in men is often used to support male reproductive health. Some commonly recommended herbs for male infertility include:
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): is an adaptogenic herb that helps reduce stress and improve sperm quality and motility.
- Shilajit: It is a mineral-rich substance that supports reproductive health and improves vitality.
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris): It is known for its aphrodisiac properties and helps improve sperm count and motility.
- Kapikacchu (Mucuna pruriens): This herb helps increase testosterone levels and improve semen quality.
3. Herbal remedies for hormonal imbalance: Some of the Ayurvedic medicines for hormonal imbalance in women are
- Ashoka (Saraca Indica) – This herb helps regulate hormonal imbalances, supports the lining of the uterus, and aids in healthy menstrual cycles.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus): Shatavari promotes hormonal balance, strengthens the reproductive system, and nourishes the female reproductive organs.
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Helps improve egg quality by reducing oxidative stress and supporting the ovaries.
Santati bindu chikitsa is also a very effective infertility treatment given in Shathayu Ayurveda to improve the chances of ovulation in women with PCOS and other ovulation disorders.
While infertility can be a complex problem, Ayurveda offers a holistic approach to supporting fertility by addressing various aspects of an individual’s well-being. By seeking the guidance of an Ayurveda infertility specialist, one can strategically plan to improve egg quality, sperm quality, lining, and hormonal balance to increase success rates in cases of natural conception or IVF or IUI.
By embracing Ayurveda, choosing the right foods to boost fertility, adopting lifestyle modifications, and seeking guidance from our experienced Bangalore fertility specialist, to improve your chances of conception while nurturing your overall health.