My fellow Americans, I hope you have a delightful long weekend celebrating the 4th of July. We will be back with regular posts on Wednesday, July 5. This week Drinks With Broads paying subscribers took me deep into Erica Kane’s masterpiece. Having it all and Heather’s version of the newest from Kim Cattrall; everyone got the Tuesday newsletter about Michael B Jordan and Ryan Reynolds investing in Formula 1 and Based on a true story, as well as a free preview summary of the AJLT premiere. (Last night’s episode recap uploaded this morning!)
– FYI, J.Crew is having a HUGE sale: 60% off all sale prices. Get in there! (affiliate link)
– Banana is also 50% off sale prices. (affiliate link)
– In Vanity Fair: Fifty Years of Hip-Hop in a World That Couldn’t Exist Without It
– An interesting article by Lainey on Barbie’s masterful marketing press thus far.
– Very attentive, in Salon: Poor air filtration in schools is causing absences and reducing productivity, but the solution is simple.
– I needed this explainer as I am too old to know who this person is, and also this is totally awesome: The controversy surrounding Colleen Ballinger aka Miranda Sings explained. (Vulture)
– Good news, via the NYT (link giveaway): The Buffet Is Back, Stretching Dollars and Slinging Crab Legs
– Also in the NYT (also gifted): 75 years after the publication of ‘The lottery’, the chills persist
– Apparently Canada is mad at Taylor Swift, but there’s also a suggestion in this article by Lainey that honestly made me LOL.
– This was a fun list on T&C: 20 Best Tennis Books to Read This Summer
– Fascinating! The hunt for the lost Orient Express trains. (Dirty Nessy Chic)
– Socialite Life reports on Madonna’s recent hospitalization. I have notes on the current Madonna, but I need the Madonna in her set to stay there!
– ICYMI, I rounded up some of the most exciting hats at Ascot.
– In the New Yorker: Turner Classic Movies is a national treasure. I agree.
– Pajiba reports that Jennifer Lawrence curses the day Tom Sandoval was born
– Bon Appetit explains that you are stress eating because your brain literally thinks it is not full yet
– Related, On Celebitchy: Adele Asks Las Vegas Concert-goers To Explain Vanderpump And Tom Sandoval Rules
(Photo by Archive Photos/Getty Images)