Whether you’re operating a new business or working to grow your brand, social media is an excellent place to start. With appealing captions and proper clicks, you will soon notice that growing your brand via social media isn’t a difficult task.
Are you wondering where to start? Here are five simple steps to help take your business to the next level using social media.
1. Reach out to the target group only
One of the most unproductive social media marketing strategies is when you seek to appeal to everybody on social media. The most important thing is identifying and understanding your target audience and then directing your resources towards reaching them. Focus only on your target group makes your marketing more effective than trying to reach out to everyone.
For a targeted social media marketing campaign, you should be where your potential clients are. Use the channels that your target group uses and where they expect to learn more about your brand. The best way to understand which is the preferred channel for your audience is by spending time online.
Conduct a competitive analysis to check which platforms your competitors use. You can use a sentiment analysis program to evaluate what clients think about your brand on these platforms. Besides, you can adopt social listening tools to learn more about your target group’s activities online and which social media platforms they like to hang out on.
2. Customize your content
Each social media channel has its dynamics. You don’t have to share the same visuals and content for all your social media channels. Adopt a more creative approach to share content that your prospects in each social media platform will relate to.
Suppose you want to reach out to customers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It’s essential to understand that they all have key aspects that support maximum customer engagement. For example, you can include inspiring quotes on your Instagram posts, captivating content, and high-resolution pictures and videos on the Insta stories.
You can share blog posts, news and include short, appealing captions on Twitter. For your Facebook audience, you can share live videos and hashtags.
3. Provide customer support services
Nothing ever beats the feeling of knowing that your customers love your products. However, if there are dissatisfied customers, you also have to find a way to engage them. Always make sure you find a way to help out customers who are unable to use your products.
Encourage your clients to share what they feel about your products and services, resolve their concerns, and pay attention to some actionable suggestions.
4. Promote your pages
You already have social media accounts, engaging content but don’t know how to promote your platforms. While promoting your social media handles can seem like a no-brainer, you may miss out on a lot if you don’t use the proper channels.
You have to make sure that you fill out your profiles in the first place. Include links to other social media platforms on the about sections and make sure you provide enough information about your brand.
To promote your social media pages, you can offer special offers to customers from specific social media platforms. Another effective way to promote your social media pages is through affiliate partnership. Affiliate partners can come in handy to ensure that you boost your leads and sales volumes. Affiliate partnership helps you connect with top brands that your target audience will like.
5. Spice things up
Most people go to social channels for entertainment. From chatting with friends, posting memes and selfies to checking the latest celebrity gossip stories, most social media channels are commonly used for socializing. Using traditional phrases like ‘contact us now or check us out today may not generate enough leads.
People are likely to follow brands with engaging content, sweet stories, and videos. The best technique to adopt here is the 80/20 Rule, where you use 80% of your content to inform and entertain your audience. You can use the remaining 20% to promote your product directly.
The traditional marketing campaigns regard the use of smileys as unprofessional. However, did you know that millennials are more likely to buy more for a brand that uses emojis they can relate to? However, add Emojis moderately and only stick to those that are relevant to your brand.
Boosting your brand online through social media may not be a straightforward task. However, with the tips mentioned above, you have more than enough tips to propel your business to the next level.