The boys are officially back in town. After weeks of speculation about Sex and the citythe next revival, And so … Four of the favorite characters from the original show are (finally!) confirmed to return. HBO Max announced Wednesday that David eigenbergBy Steve Brady Evan handlerit’s Harry Goldenblatt, Willie garsonStanford Blatch, and Mario cantoneAll of Anthony Marentio’s will appear in the 10-episode series.
“All in And so … is excited to continue the stories of these loved ones Sex and the city characters with the actors who made them so adorable ”, executive producer Michael Patrick King it said in a statement. This quartet joins previously confirmed cast members Sarah Jessica Parker like Carrie, Cynthia nixon like Miranda, Kristin davis like charlotte, Chris Noth as Mr. Big, and Sara Ramirez, like non-binary podcast host Che Díaz. (John corbett He declared his return to the show in April, though HBO Max has yet to confirm it.)
The news that more OG cast members are returning is certainly a source of comfort for die-hard fans. All four men played a central role in the lives of Carrie, Miranda, and Charlotte. Both Eigenberg and Handler portray the spouses of central characters: the first is Miranda’s adorable bar-owning husband, the second is Charlotte’s partner, an endearing (albeit messy) lawyer. Meanwhile, Stanford and Anthony began Sex and the city as trusted friends of Carrie and Charlotte, respectively. Then the couple found an unlikely love for each other, tying the knot in a Liza minnelli-Official ceremony during Sex and the City 2. (Go ahead, look again.)
And so … is billed as a continuation of “Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte’s journey from the complicated reality of life and friendship at 30 to the even more complicated reality of life and friendship at 50.” But since the show was announced in January, viewers have been quick to determine who else will be in the cast. That restlessness was perhaps caused by Kim cattrallExiting the franchise after six seasons and two movies in which she played the sexually positive Samantha Jones.
When it comes to announcing additional cast members, time is of the essence. Production in Sex and the cityRevival begins this summer.
More great stories from Vanity fair
– An oral history of A different world, as told by the cast and crew
– Home Truths: How HGTV, Magnolia, and Netflix Are Building a Massive Space
– Cruella de Vil is evil – But Tallulah Bankhead was even wilder
– Because Easttown Mare I always had to end that way
– Cover story: Issa Rae says goodbye to Unsafe
– Kathryn Hahn all the time
– Because Kim’s convenience Business
– Court dismisses lawsuit of aggression against trans people against Rosario Dawson
– From the Archive: When Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez Perfect sense
– Sign up for the “HWD Daily” newsletter for awards coverage and the must-read industry, plus a special weekly edition of Awards Insider.