Over the last year and a half, the Coronavirus has consumed all of our lives and sadly it seems to be far from over. It is clear that the new variants that continue to be developed are affecting those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated. Where I live people are getting the virus and it has been moving closer and closer to home. In fact, the virus entered my house. We were able to resolve it quickly and I feel compelled to share my story in the hope that it gives you a sense of positivity that if the virus gets into your home, you can fight it too.
My 15-year-old daughter brought Covid-19 into our house. She and her friends got it, unwittingly passing it to each other. One Monday my daughter felt very tired after a day on the river but not sick. When she woke up on Tuesday, she was feeling pretty sick. She felt as if she had weights on her legs and was growing tired. That’s when she gave her a rapid test and within 15 minutes she tested positive. We did our best to isolate her from everyone else, but she was still serving her food and drinks, taking her temperature, and giving her supplements. No gloves, no mask.
Before my daughter tested positive for covid-19, I had heard that a lot of people were getting covid where I live, so I started increasing my immune system boosting tools. I have spent many years learning about the immune system and the different things in nature that help boost the immune system. I want to share with you how we beat Covid in our home. The tools we used contributed to my daughter being cured of the virus in 3 days and none of us (my 2 daughters, my husband or myself) contracted this “highly contagious” virus.
Boost your immune system and fight covid using these tools
Each morning I started with a freshly squeezed lemon in water. I would drink lemon water all day, but drinking lemon water upon waking has many additional benefits:
- It is high in vitamin C, a primary antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals. You’ve probably heard that vitamin C can help prevent or limit the duration of illness.
- Helps get your digestive system moving
- Helps maintain the pH balance in the body.
- It cleanses internal wastes and toxins from the body.
- Lots of vegetables and fruits. Fermented foods like sauerkraut for gut health (your gut directly affects your immune system)
- I cut out sugar (suppresses the immune system), coffee (causes dehydration, depletes vitamin C), and dairy (builds mucus)
- Bone Broth ~ I drank bone broth every day or added it to my soup base or when cooking brown rice. I make a weekly bone broth with medicinal root vegetables like garlic, onion, turmeric, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, burdock root, and ginger. Then I add in my house medicinal herbs like sage, thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley, all of which are antiviral, among many other benefits. Here’s a recipe to make some yourself.
- Kombucha Daily ~ Kombucha can help fight infection. It has acetic acid which has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Probiotics help improve gut health and immune function. To learn more about Kombucha click HERE.
- Drinking water. Lots and lots of water throughout the day.
I created capsules with the following ingredients all from Earth:
We take these every day. When my daughter was on her second day of Covid and she wasn’t feeling great we would take them twice a day.
- neem leaf powder ~ similar to ivermectin, it is antiviral and antiparasitic. Studies have shown that Neem is powerful in preventing Covid-19 and also in lessening symptoms when they arise.
- hemp seed powder ~ High in Zinc and Magnesium that helps prevent and reduce the symptoms of Covid-19. Also high in Omegas and protein.
- Activated carbon ~ Absorbs toxins in the intestine and eliminates them
- bentonite clay ~ Helps attract toxins and heavy metals and expel them. Some animal studies show that bentonite might stimulate good bacteria in the gut. This helps absorb nutrients.
- fulvic acid ~ Helps lower inflammation and combats oxidative stress. High in plant-derived minerals and antioxidants. It is antiviral and a strong immune booster.
master tonic ~ Apple Cider Vinegar based tonic with raw garlic, onion, ginger, horseradish, habanero chili and turmeric. I swear by this immune boosting creation. It is antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiparasitic and much more that you can LEARN HERE.
immune support ~ Immune Support Tonic I originally created for my kids, because it tastes sweet. I also drink it because it’s full of antiviral, immune-boosting herbs like elderberry, echinacea, rooibos, rosemary, ginger, cinnamon, astragalus, and cloves.
Silver pH balanced alkaline structured water ~ Antiviral and microbial properties that help fight viruses while boosting your immune system and balancing the body’s pH to a state where it doesn’t like disease to exist. Supports healthy digestion while naturally cleansing the gut. CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE
Sit in the sun and soak up at least 15 minutes of sun a day to ensure adequate vitamin D levels for a strong immune system. Vitamin D helps prevent many diseases.
Heat has a long traditional history of use in the prevention and treatment of viruses. We are lucky to have an infrared sauna that I would go into until I was sweating (about 40 minutes). I also spent every night soaking in our jacuzzi. If you don’t have either of those, taking a hot bath or shower is also great. The heat helps the body to detoxify. For other FORMS OF DETOX CLICK HERE
There is a lot of fear around Covid and getting sick in general. While I can understand why some are afraid, I can also attest from my own experience that being afraid does nothing positive for your mental health. Telling yourself I’m healthy! I have a strong immune system that can fight and protect me from any disease! I will beat Covid! If you think, feel or tell yourself positive affirmations that is what you will attract.
Sleep plays an important role in the immune system. Studies have shown that sleep is important for body rest as certain components of the immune system are revved up. At least 7-9 hours of sleep to keep our immune system strong
I hope this blog has helped you learn that you can build a strong immune system and conquer Covid-19. I am in no way trying to minimize the loved ones many people have lost. My intention is to bring a different conversation away from the focus of fear. Instead of calling attention to the importance of a healthy immune system and the confidence that just like Covid went through my house and we beat it, so can you!
Take care of yourself!!