Mozilla Firefox is one of the first browsers that come to mind when thinking about the best privacy-oriented browsers available today. Like the majority of browsers on the internet today, Firefox continues to make significant efforts to address digital privacy and security issues.
Firefox privacy features can assist you in protecting yourself from tracking by first-party cookies (which are used for remembering your usernames and passwords) and third-party tracking cookies (which are used by advertisers to track your online behavior).
Is Firefox safe?
Mozilla has warned Firefox users to upgrade their browser to the most recent version after security experts discovered a vulnerability that cybercriminals were proactively exploiting in “targeted attacks” on users.
Therefore, in this article, you will get an in-depth technical discussion concerning is Firefox safe and how it can provide security to your browser.
Is Firefox Really Secure?
Chrome is the safest browser-accessible today because of its security and patching capabilities. However, when it comes to solely privacy, Firefox privacy settings have some leading edge. If you want to enhance your privacy by utilizing a multi-browser strategy, Firefox is an absolute must-have option for you.
Through some simple steps and tools, you can provide additional security and privacy to Firefox.
Clean Up Your Site Data and Cookies
There are many added options to customize your Firefox privacy settings from the Enhanced Tracking Protection page of Mozilla Firefox, which includes:
- Select “Cookies and Site Data” from the drop-down menu and click the “Manage Data…” option. To remove all of the cookies left by a particular website, click on the site name, followed by the “Remove Selected” option. You may also delete all of the
- cookies that have been saved on your browser by selecting “Remove All” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose add-on the “Manage Permissions…” option from the “Cookies and Site Data” drop-down menu to modify settings for specific websites. Enter the URL of a website, and then choose from the drop-down menu “Block,” “Allow for Session,” or “Allow.”
- You may also select “Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed” in the preferences.
Is Firefox safe for privacy? Enhanced tracking protection is available in the most recent versions of Firefox. Firefox’s default security is enough, but you can take it a step further by installing additional security extensions.
- Go to Preferences in the main menu.
- Scroll down to Enhanced Tracking Protection on the Privacy & Security page. Firefox’s default protection is Standard.
- For greater control, choose Custom. The checkboxes for Cookies, Tracking Content, and Fingerprints are default. Keep them selected.
- Choose All third-party cookies from the Cookies drop-down menu.
- Then select In All Windows from the Tracking content drop-down arrow.
Malicious add-ons have been used in the past to attack Firefox users. There are excellent security add-ons available now that make a significant difference in keeping the browser secure. Among them, HTTPS Everywhere is the best available for Firefox privacy. HTTPS Everywhere is enabled by default in Firefox. Whenever an encrypted version of a website is available, the add-on will automatically redirect you to that version.
There are many additional suggested add-ons that you may use to keep yourself safe.
Privacy Badger: Privacy Badger scans the websites you visit for those who seem to monitor your movements and disables such websites.
uBlock Origin: uBlock Origin is a powerful adblocker add-on that can be installed on any browser.
VeePN: By using its VPN add-on Firefox extensions, you can securely browse geo-restricted sites, circumvent firewalls, and keep your device safe from viruses while using public Wi-Fi.
VPN is considered the best app for cybersecurity. It provides additional privacy to users when browsing through Firefox. You can set up any VPN Firefox available online. The primary function of all the VPN services for Firefox extensions is the same; however, they vary in additional features, costs, subscription trials, etc. Among them, VeePN is highly recommended by cybersecurity experts. It will mask your IP address, making you anonymous while browsing online data through Firefox. It can also provide instant activation and unlimited bandwidth for fast streaming and downloading with Firefox.
Container tabs in Firefox privacy settings can compartmentalize your surfing, preventing cookies and trackers from following you from one site to another. This function was developed by Mozilla, the company that produces Firefox, and it aids in the prevention of intrusive websites.
- Regarding digital privacy and security, Mozilla Firefox has a leading-edge significance compared to other browsers.
- Firefox privacy setting, especially its Enhanced Tracking Protection, is the most important privacy feature available.
- In Firefox, you can add tracking protection, clean up your site data and cookies, use add-ons, and enable containers manually.
- However, VPN is the best-recommended application for getting high-profile cybersecurity while browsing through Firefox.