Lexus is almost there when it comes to modern technology. A new touchscreen infotainment system and user interface debuts on the redesigned Lexus NX 2022 that will roll out to all Lexus models and replace a dated hodgepodge of multimedia iterations. In addition to other 2022 models, the current interface updates to touchscreens, but not at the sacrifice of the real CD player.
Lexus teammate the limited hands-free driving system represents the other technological evolution for Lexus in model year 2022. Available only on the Lexus LS 500h 2022 hybrid sedan, the driver assistance system competes with GM’s Super Cruise and Autopilot. Tesla to allow extended hands-free driving on restricted highways. During beta testing of the system, we found that it lacked the safety of Super Cruise and the boldness of Autopilot, and the driver’s monitor camera couldn’t see past the polarized sunglasses. Lexus took the time to modify it ahead of its launch this fall.
Lexus NX 2022
Here are the other significant changes for Toyota’s luxury brand for 2022.
New / Redesigned
2022 Lexus LX 600
2022 Lexus LX full-size SUV
– Travel on a new body-on-frame platform shared with the 2022 Toyota Tundra full size pickup truck.
– Lighter construction and lower center of gravity improve efficiency and handling.
– The old V-8 is replaced with a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6 with an output of 409 hp and a torque of 479 Nm and mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission.
– Dual screen interface with 12.3 inch touch screen for infotainment and camera projection and 7.0 inch bottom screen for climate settings and driving modes.
– Fuel economy, pricing and feature set will be announced closer to the sale date in early 2022.
Lexus NX 2022
Lexus NX 2022
Lexus NX 2022
– The redesigned compact crossover features an available 14.0-inch touchscreen developed in the United States to appeal to a younger generation of buyers; a 9.8-inch touchscreen is standard with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
– Second generation NX sports a new look and four available powertrains.
– The base 2022 NX 250 has a 2.5-liter in-line engine that produces 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque and an 8-speed automatic transmission that powers the front wheels or all-wheel drive available.
– The updated NX 350 has a 2.4-liter turbo-4 that produces 275 hp and 317 lb-ft, and Lexus claims it can go from 0 to 60 mph in 6.8 seconds. It uses 8-speed and also has all-wheel drive available.
– The 2022 Lexus NX 450h + plug-in hybrid marries a 2.5-liter inline-4 with a battery-powered rear-axle motor for all-wheel drive. Mechanically similar to the Toyota RAV4 Prime, the NX 450h + reaches 60 mph in 6.0 seconds or can deliver 36 miles of driving on battery alone.
– A traditional hybrid powers the NX 350h, which gets an estimated 36 mpg on the highway, or 6 mpg more than the 2021 Lexus NX 350h. It has a 2.5-liter inline-4 hybrid system with two engines producing 239 total horsepower with standard AWD.
2022 Lexus IS 500 F Sport Performance Launch Edition
– Redesigned for 2021, the compact sedan and 350 F Sport models remained unchanged.
– The new Lexus IS 500 F Sport 2022 uses a 5.0-liter V-8 that delivers 472PS and 395Nm of torque. Lexus estimates a 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds.
– The IS 500 F Sport is equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission to operate the rear wheels and the dynamic management package with adaptive suspension and limited slip differential are standard.
– The revamped midsize sedan features a standard 8.0-inch touchscreen or 12.3-inch touchscreen with smartphone compatibility available.
– LED headlights are standard and the F Sport appearance package has a trunk spoiler and black 19-inch wheels.
– Blind spot monitors with rear cross traffic warning are standard this year.
– Three powertrains, including a 300-hour hybrid for 44 mpg combined, carry over.
– Old SUV fits three rows and seven seats with better technology this year.
– A 10.3 inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto / Amazon Alexa is standard.
– Also standard are navigation, parking assistance and electrically foldable and heated side mirrors.
– The new Black Line Special Edition darkens the trim pieces, adds 18-inch glossy black wheels and other dark upgrades.
– GX uses a 4.6-liter V-8, producing 301 hp and 329 lb-ft with a 6-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel drive system that includes a 2-speed transfer case and a Torsen limited-slip center differential .
Lexus LC Cabriolet 2022
2022 Lexus LC 500 and 500 h
Revised suspension settings promise greater contact feel, steering response and steering effectiveness when cornering, according to Lexus.
– Bespoke Build allows owners to go online and customize the wheel and color choice; heated steering wheel, limited slip rear differential, high performance shock absorbers and brake pads are standard.
2022 Lexus LS 500h AWD with teammate
2022 Lexus LS
– LS 500h, the flagship hybrid sedan sold at low volume, showcases the Teammate driver assistance system that is expected to be implemented in other Lexus models.
– The LS 500 suspension has revised spring rates and dampers and an updated adaptive suspension for a smoother and more comfortable ride, according to Lexus.
– Recalibrated 10-speed automatic transmission for increased responsiveness and a new piston design in the 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6 to limit emissions, Lexus said.
– Standard 12.3 inch touch screen.
– Standard automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, active lane control, adaptive cruise control to stop and automatic high beam.
2022 Lexus RX 450hL
– The 350 and 450h mid-size crossovers continue with new color options and the continuation of the Black Line model.
– The 350L and 450hL three-row SUVs have a standard 8.0-inch or 12.3-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto / Amazon Alexa compatibility.
– Blind spot monitors with rear cross traffic warning are now standard.
Lexus RC 2022
2022 Lexus UX