Soccer has been suspended since March and different plans are being discussed as to how and when it will restart. Most likely, the “Draft Restart” will be adopted, where games will be played on neutral grounds by June.
But the doctors are showing their concerns and have written a letter to the Premier League’s medical advisers.
Some of the issues raised in the 100 point letter were
- · Death threat
- · Responsibility of doctors in case a player contracts coronavirus
- Player testing
- Transmission of the virus through sweat
- Transmission of the virus through the goalkeeper’s gloves
- Increase risk for minority groups
- Increase risk to employees
- · Emergency personnel to be able to attend the training camps
Doctors from the Premier League were invited and asked to raise their concerns about the return of play.
Most of the clubs have started their training while waiting for the restart date which was originally set to be June 12. But with the teams wanting 4 weeks of training to get the players back into shape and fitness, it looks like the dates for the restart could change.
However, other leagues in Europe such as the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 are training.