Queen Elizabeth skips Sunday Remembrance service due to a sprained back – National

0
30

Queen Elizabeth II lost the I remember Sunday service in London to pay tribute to Britain’s war dead because she sprained her back, Buckingham Palace said Sunday.

The service, one of the most prominent in the 95-year-old monarch’s calendar, was widely slated to be his first public appearance after canceling events in recent weeks on the advice of doctors.

To know more:

Queen Elizabeth will make her first public appearance after hospitalization

“The Queen, having dislocated her back, decided with great regret this morning that she will not be able to attend today’s Sunday memorial service at the Cenotaph,” officials said in a statement hours before the ceremony. “Her Majesty is disappointed that she will lose her service.”

The Queen spent a night in a London hospital last month after being hospitalized for medical tests. It was his first such stay in eight years. on October 29, the palace said she had been told by doctors to rest for two weeks and only do light tasks.

The story continues under the advertisement

He canceled plans to attend the UN climate summit in Glasgow, Scotland, but sent a video message.


Click to play the video:







Doctor’s orders for the queen and breaking news for the royals


Medical orders for the queen and latest news for the royals – November 1, 2021

But officials said at the time that “the queen’s firm intention remains” to be present for the national memorial Sunday service. On Thursday, Buckingham Palace said the monarch planned to watch the ceremony at the Cenotaph war memorial in central London from a balcony, as he has done for several years.

The queen served in World War II as an army driver and mechanic and attaches great importance to Remembrance Sunday, a solemn ceremony to remember the sacrifices made by fallen soldiers and women. The national service, which follows the armistice day on November 11, is traditionally characterized by the use of poppies and a two-minute national silence observed at 11 a.m.

On Sunday, other royalty and politicians led the ceremony in London’s Whitehall, with hundreds of military and veterans lined up around the Cenotaph memorial. It was the first time the event had returned to normal since the start of the pandemic.

The story continues under the advertisement

After the Royal Marine Buglers played “The Last Post”, 73-year-old Prince Charles laid the first wreath on behalf of the queen, as he had done in recent years. He was followed by other royals and Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

The queen continued to work from home, doing desk duties, during her rest period. He spent most of his time at Windsor Castle, west of London, and paid a weekend visit to Sandringham, the royal family’s estate in eastern England.

Britain’s longest-serving and reigning monarch, Elizabeth, will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee – 70 years on the throne – next year

© 2021 The Canadian press

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here