Everything that goes up has to go down. It is the law of a universe, noted by Newton and celebrated by Tyrone Davis. And it’s an especially useful framework, a core value really, for reveling in tabloid gossip narratives. A meteoric rise is often followed by a nosedive back to earth. And here’s a non-Newton approved appendix for fame of any kind: When two are linked once in a relationship, their the rise and fall may depend on the balance of the other.
Let’s look at the disgraced governor of New York Andrew Cuomo and ex-girlfriend of more than a decade, Semi-homemade‘s Sandra Lee. His success on the national stage in the early days of Covid preceded his own personal sinking to new depths after the state’s GA Letitia James released a full report on the incumbent governor’s history of sexual harassment. But as his star falls, another one rises and that star is Lee.
Did you know She is in St. Tropez on vacation and also, perhaps, releasing her new boyfriend. In a perfect pitch, she was rumored last week to have a “European heartthrob”, and this weekend, we found out together that he’s not European at all, he’s just a European heartthrob. Is called Ben youcef, by Page six, and is an interfaith leader living in California. They met in March and he is “the first joy Sandra has had in years.” To put a picturesque scene into the reveal, the couple took a walk with Dad while wearing their most airy and free vacation outfits, and plenty of photos and videos are available on the Daily mail. They only looked directly at the camera once. It’s an especially good time considering all those paparazzi were in the zone …Jennifer Lopez other Ben affleck had just arrived
As you can see? What goes up must come down, and once one goes down, can your ex have an equal and opposite reaction? Please don’t tell the high school physics teachers how their concepts are being abused here in the name of celebrity gossip. I suppose one could just call this karma, while others might call it well-executed walks and a former TV star’s excellent understanding of time and narrative. For others, c’est l’amour.
More great stories from Vanity fair
– Behind the scenes of the iconic nude portrait of Anthony Bourdain
– Will TikTok save the Olympics?
– King Edward VIII, King George VI, and the rift that changed history
– New summer books for all moods
– Jeff Bezos and the transformative magic of going into space
– The best next-generation facial toners for balanced skin
– Jared and Ivanka reportedly shut down Billionaire Bunker Mansion 2.0 project
– The rehabilitation of Prince Edward and Sophie
– From the archive: as John Kennedy Graciously took his place in History
– Enroll in The shopping line to receive a curated shopping list of fashion, books and beauty products in a weekly newsletter.