Establishing the law. After returning from the Cannes premiere of his next film. Flag Day, Sean Penn He will not return to work until strict vaccination efforts are implemented in Hollywood.
The 60-year-old actor refused to return to the set of his upcoming series STARZ. Gaslit, according to Deadline. The series, in which he stars alongside Julia Roberts, focuses on the untold stories of the Watergate scandal inspired by Slate’s podcast, “Slow Burn.” Penn plays Attorney General John Mitchell on the show.
The media alleges Milk Star will not return to work on the UCP-produced limited series until everyone in the production, both the cast and crew, has been vaccinated against COVID-19. The Fast times at Ridgemont High The actor’s insistence comes after the contagious Delta variant continues to spread and Los Angeles (where Gaslit is filmed) reissued an indoor mask mandate. Penn reportedly offered to facilitate these efforts for free through its nonprofit emergency relief organization, CORE.
Earlier this week, NBC Universal, the studio that is producing Gaslit – instituted mandatory vaccinations for cast members working in “Zone A” (also known as set areas where people work in close proximity and often without proper protective gear) or anyone who comes into contact close with the virus.
During a press conference at the French film festival, Penn criticized the former President Trump and his administration, claiming they “defrauded” the country by spreading misinformation about the virus, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“When my team and I were coming home from testing and vaccination sites at night, particularly during testing under Trump, to exasperating news,” Penn said at the time. “It felt like someone with a machine gun was shooting at the most vulnerable communities from a turret in the White House.”
Penn’s tenure comes after several television series were forced to shut down production after team members tested positive for the coronavirus disease.
After two separate instances in July, Netflix shut down production due to the regency coup. Bridgerton for an indefinite period, Us weekly confirmed at that time.
“Production was briefly stopped due to a very small number of positive COVID cases,” said a source. U.S after the first shutdown. “All COVID-19 health and safety protocols were followed and those affected were isolated. No cast [members were] affected. “
That same month, game of Thrones prequel, The House of the Dragon, also shut down production for two days after someone in “Zone A” tested positive for COVID-19. The HBO Max series resumed filming on Wednesday, July 21.