Simon Cowell reportedly lived in fear that an intruder might harm his seven-year-old son.
The 61-year-old music mogul reportedly recently called the police after a “suspicious character” was spotted at his £ 10m London mansion and Simon feared for the safety of his son Eric.
A source told The Sun on Sunday: “There was a man loitering around Simon’s house and his reappearance several times caused concern. Based on this, Simon wanted to chat with the cops.
“At that time he was not at home, but there were staff in the house, and he was very worried after he was informed that this person was recorded on his video surveillance system.
“Because of his past experience, Simon takes safety very seriously.
“This person could be a stalker or study their home and other people in their area as a target for the burglary, so Simon felt the need to speak to the police.”
Simon was previously the victim of a £ 1 million raid on his home.
The TV star was robbed while he and his family were in bed six years ago, and he is determined to avoid a repeat of the break-in.
Simon has previously admitted that he has stepped up security measures at his home to keep his loved ones safe.
He said, “I obviously had to significantly improve my personal security at home with all the mods you can imagine and all of that, including the panic room. My house mostly looks like something from Raiders of the Lost Ark. ‘
“We called these guys and they offered a baseball bat. I’m not even kidding. So I literally have a baseball bat ready to explode if anyone walks in. “