– Seattle Home carat added a new board member and vice president of interview delivery.
Twitch COO Sara clemens has been added to Karat’s independent advisory board. Before joining Twitch, Clemens was an executive at Pandora, LinkedIn, and Xbox.
Rachael granby Previously, he was Product Manager and General Client Manager at Wonder. As VP of Interview Delivery, she will focus on improving Karat’s interview process to help companies stay ahead of the curve in recruiting engineers.
Karat assists software engineering teams with the first round of technical interviews. The company raised $ 28 million in 2019. It tripled the size of its business-based client in 2020.
“Sara Clemens and Rachael Granby bring exceptional strategic leadership and operational experience that will help Karat unlock opportunities for more organizations to hire, innovate and grow,” Karat CEO Mohit Bhende said in a statement.
– GameStop added two former Amazon executives as CEO and CFO, the company Announced Wednesday. Matt furlong will succeed George Sherman as CEO later this month, and Mike Recupero will succeed Jim Bell as CFO.
At Amazon, Furlong oversaw the company’s business in Australia and ran several product categories. He previously worked at Procter & Gamble.
Recupero spent more than 17 years at Amazon and most recently was CFO of the North American consumer business.
– Angela Jones has resigned as CEO of Washington STEM to become director of the Washington State Initiative at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Washington STEM is a nonprofit organization focused on education and social change across the state. Jones became CEO in August 2019. He has more than 25 years of experience in community stability and promoting access to education.
“This was the most challenging decision of my professional career to date, but coming out of Washington STEM, I know without a doubt that the organization is stronger than ever,” Jones said in a statement.
Previously: Washington STEM CEO on Finding Inspiration in Christmas Trees and a Failure in Microbiology
– Stewart meyer, a former chief marketing officer for KUOW, a Seattle public radio affiliate, is now chief marketing officer for Amazon Kids, according to his LinkedIn profile. Meyer previously worked at Amazon from 2013 to 2015 and held leadership positions at Arivale, Razorfish, and Best Buy.
– Added Qumulo, Seattle’s file and data management startup Jonathan Maltos as vice president of people. Maltos has more than 20 years of experience working in labor relations. He was previously at Big Fish Games, where he served as Vice President of Human Resources.
– Susan M. Coliton He was named Acting President and CEO of the Washington Research Foundation. Coliton was previously a director and chair of the WRF grants committee. She was selected by the board to lead the organization until a successor is appointed. Former CEO Ron Howell retired in April after 29 years.
– Collin davis, who previously founded Alexa For Business at Amazon, has been named CTO of Pindrop, a voice security service. Davis was most recently CEO of AWS Productivity Apps. Previously, he was vice president of endpoint protection and director of engineering at Symantec.
–Exceptionally a software engineer recruiting platform, he added Ergul Civi as co-founder and chief operating officer. Civi has held management positions at both Microsoft and Spotify and will focus on empowering women in the tech industry within her new role.
– NextLevel added Doug adler as a managing partner of his Portland firm. Adler was previously CFO at Atmosera, Inc. and Managing Partner and Founding Partner of Tusten Advisors.