Former President Trump is taking his role as a social media influencer to another level by starting his own social media platform. After the Jan.6 attacks on the Capitol, Trump was suspended from Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites. But that doesn’t stop it. One of his advisers informed Fox News on Sunday that he plans to launch his own platform in two to three months.
Trump’s 2020 campaign spokesman Jason Miller told the network that Trump would re-enter the social media space with a new platform of his own that would “completely redefine the game.”
Miller did not provide further details, and Trump Organization officials did not immediately comment.
Twitter last week said it would seek public opinion on when and how to ban world leaders, saying it was reviewing the policy and considering whether leaders should abide by the same rules as other users.
Facebook indefinitely banned Trump from its platform in January, and its independent oversight board has been asked to decide whether the ban should be upheld.
Twitter, Facebook and others have come under scrutiny for the way they handle the accounts of politicians and government officials after Trump’s ban for inciting violence.