Jason Miller, a senior advisor and spokesperson for Donald Trump, is wrapping up his five-year career with the former president to take on a CEO role at an unnamed tech startup, according to multiple reports. Miller’s company, which could supposedly be used by Trump in the future, is in the development stages to create a social media platform. Since he was ousted from the White House and from Twitter, Trump and his allies have expressed interest in the former president launching a conservative social network. Trump, who was banned from all major social media platforms following the Capitol riots on January 6, has been banned by Facebook until at least January 2023. His Twitter account was permanently shut down.
“This is something that I think will be the hottest ticket on social media,” Miller He said Fox News in March while discussing Trump’s aspirations on social media. “It’s going to completely redefine the game, and everyone will be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does, but it will be his own platform.” Sources with knowledge of Miller’s new venture have expressed that Trump has yet to make a final decision on the social media platform. according to CNBC.
As for Miller, he will continue to work alongside Trump and his team part-time, according to Politicalsources of. Next Joe bidenDuring Trump’s inauguration and failed attempt to reverse the 2020 election, Miller acted as his spokesperson and briefed the press on Trump’s moves and plans after the presidency. The former president is now in talks with potential candidates to fill the role of Miller’s spokesperson, Politico added. While Trump launched a short-lived blogging vertical on his website last month, it has since been taken down after mediocre traffic numbers, leaving him with no way to directly communicate with his supporters online outside of mass emails and relying on on reporters to tweet their comments. .
During a speech At the North Carolina Republican convention last week, Trump claimed he had walked away from Facebook, regardless of whether it allows him to return. “They say they can let me go back in two years. I’m not very interested in that, “Trump told the crowd.” We cannot let it happen. Very unfair. They are closing down a whole group of people. Not only me. They are dulling the voice of a much more powerful and much larger group. “
More great stories from Vanity fair
– The Lab Leak Theory: Inside the Struggle to Uncover the Origins of COVID-19
– Ben Crump is thriving in Biden’s Washington
– Why is this not a good time to be Matt Gaetz
– AOC Endorsement Could Change New York Mayor’s Career, But It May Never Come
– Trump has told people that he will be president again
– Is Juan Williams’ departure from Los Cinco due to a blood dispute with Greg Gutfeld?
– Republicans’ reason for not wanting to investigate January 6: They are to blame
– Trump’s inner circle is fighting over the likelihood of criminal charges
– From the Archive: “60 minutes Is falling “
– Not a subscriber? Get in Vanity fair to receive full access to VF.com and the full archive online now.